Duties & Responsibilities
- Study the technical part of Tender Document and understand the technical specifications/ customer requirements.
- Knowledge in assessing the pre-qualification requirements and supporting the tendering team for Bid/No Bid decision.
- Review preparation of pre-engineering estimates at the time of tendering (Rough Cut BOQ). Prepare BOQs for Tender Cost Estimation purpose.
- Attending Techno-commercial discussions with customers and vendors as required.
- Full understanding of Single line diagrams & Equipment arrangement layouts. Reviewing the proposals towards optimized and customized solutions for various substation tenders (AIS, GIS, Hybrid). Innovative ideas to prepare a cost-effective solution.
- Technical data sheets verification of primary equipment. Knowledge of primary equipment, such as circuit breakers, disconnectors, earthing switches, instrument transformers, power transformers, etc. with minimal support from the Engineering team.
- Collaborate with SCM having good understanding about strategic sourcing and do Vendor Offer evaluations. Finalize the tender sourcing plan appropriately.
- Knowledge of Engineering Aspects of EHV SS’S / Transmission Line Projects will be an added advantage.
- Analyse risk probability & severity of the tenders from technical, commercial, contractual perspectives & drive the mitigation strategy liaising with the different disciplines. Should play a vital role in presenting the risk review process and getting the approval from management based on the tender volume & the risks involved.
- Error free and timely submission of Electrical Design and Engineering, Quantity Estimation, BOQ, Engineering calculations for Tender/ Bid preparation for EHV Substation.
- Update knowledge of checking of drawing, modelling and application of software like AUTOCAD/ MICROSTATION, ETAP, EDSA, etc
- Use creativity wherever appropriate to provide best solutions for the given situation within the framework of tender. Continuously develop standard templates and collate databases for tendering.
- Perform lost proposal analysis, identify potential cause, and recommend future actions in cooperation with corresponding supplying unit(s) to obtain better future results.
- Able to fill in the cost for tendering BOQ and cost data replacing many spreadsheets to ensure proper tender validation for each work package.
Desired Candidate Profile
Experience: Min 8-10 Yrs Experience in detail Electrical Engineering from an EPC Background, catering up to 400kV/ 765kV AIS & GIS Substation. TL knowledge will be an added benefit.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in substation tendering and project engineering activities (technical & commercial).
- Experience and skill to prepare and support the bid process.
- Good Understanding of sales process, sales tools & techniques, Market & Business Intelligence, sales drive.